Carnival Hill Conservation Land
For more than one hundred years, Wilton residents and people from away have used Carnival Hill. The excellent sliding hill in the winter and the grassy slopes of the fall may be open to group use. Some consideration of use:
- Land management may dictate seasonal non-use of the area for public purposes.
- For groups larger than ten, prior approval from the Selectman needs to be secured.
- Portable toilets may be required at the expense of the organization.
- No structures of a permanent nature will be allowed.
- All digging and fire building must be pre-approved.
- Clean up and restoration of the area will be at the expense of the organization.
- Property is open from sunrise to sunset.
- All nighttime use must be pre-approved by the Selectman.
- Power-wheeled recreational vehicles will be prohibited from the site.
- For safety and ecological reasons, the use of snowmobile, horses & self-propelled vehicles may be restricted.
- This is a Carry In - Carry Out Site. Take your trash with you.
Here are more links to information about apple trees-
- Carnival Hill Conservation Land
- Comprehensive Shoreland Protection Act
- Construction Project Permit Information
- Current Use Application
- Dams in Wilton, NHDES 6/1/16.pdf
- Frog Pond
- NH Association of Conservation Commissions
- NH Invasive Species Fact Sheet
- Souhegan River
- Survey Forms
- Trails are important to Wilton
- WCC's Position Statement on the Proposed NED Pipeline
- Wild Wilton '16 Contest Photos
- Wilton Conservation Plan 2016 - Executive summary
- Wilton Conservation Plan 2016
- Wilton Natural Resources Inventory
- Wilton-Lyndeborough Significant Trees Committee
Wilton Town Hall
42 Main Street
PO Box 83Wilton, NH 03086