Election of Trustees:
Trustees shall be elected by ballot to replace those whose terms expire. The term of each trustee shall be 3 years. In the event of a vacancy, the vacancy shall be filled by the selectmen for the remainder of the term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adopt bylaws and regulations for their transaction of business and for the establishment and management of all Town of Wilton cemeteries within their responsibility.
- Prepare an annual budget indicating what support and maintenance of the Town of Wilton public cemeteries will be required out of public funds for submission to the appropriate agency.
- Expend all moneys raised and appropriated by the Town of Wilton for cemetery purposes. Such funds shall be maintained in the general fund and paid in the same manner that funds of other Town departments are paid.
- Income from all trust funds for cemetery purposes must be expended for cemetery maintenance.
- Prepare Rights of Interment of cemetery lots and submit funds to the Trustee of the Trust Funds.
- Town of Wilton cemetery trustees may appoint a cemetery custodian who shall not be a trustee and who shall be responsible to the cemetery trustees for supervising work done in the cemeteries.
TOWN CEMETERIES CLOSE at DUSK - Anyone found in a town cemetery after dusk will be arrested for Criminal Trespassing.
|Steve Elliott||Member (2019)|
|Mary Ann Shea||Member (2018)|